8.20.2009

Faith

As hard time knock at the door,
I find myself running to the floor,
As this door starts to open, I look for the outdoors,
When I find I can not run from this knocking I wish I could swim out ashore,
As the times in life become harder to cope with I feel myself crashing into the dark downpour,
I see the tears of my loved ones fall like a river stream, a scene of water flowing, one of which I use to adore,
Now washes away any sense of hope,
As I pray to the skies, to lift this hurricane that is destroying everything around me, the people around me, as each breath becomes difficult to inhale as this manmade river begins to drown us, I think it cant get any worse,
As I kneel towards the skies, I do not let my faith break,
How can hard times in life stop me from believing,
For what is happening, is only a test, its apart of my destiny,
I can feel the faith slipping from my fingers, but my hands do not let them slip far enough,
My faith does never break,
Through this tunnel of darkness, I can feel the light, without seeing; I can see the light,
I can touch the warmth of better times ahead,
I never let my faith break, I never forget the power of prayer,
As time passes, as these tears dry, as this hurricane resides,
I find myself walking in the life of joy and happiness, a place were sorrow has never stepped foot in,
Gods children must never forget the power of prayer,
Your faith, even if you leave it, it never leaves you,
Never underestimate the power of prayer never underestimate the strength that god bestows upon us, hardships we go through, however the strength to see the light is also given,
Faith, is a unbreakable strength, where even at its weakest it is the most powerful force.

1 comment: