8.25.2009

Return my sparkle

You see the smile,

I feel its pain,

And the accused stands there,

Being guilty of everything but giving me the love I needed,

Sentencing me to a life of imprisonment within my own jail cell,

As each day passes,

I feel as if I was the guilty one,

Giving you what I didn't want to,

Letting you break down that barrier, behind which I stood,

Little did I know,

That you weren't the person that was going to save me from falling,

But you were the car whose headlights flashed so brightly in my eyes,

Leaving nothing but tears crashing in to my soul,

Stealing each breath of mine while I lay there,

I suddenly became a statistic that day,

She who loved, she who lost, she who felt each part of her heart breaking,

As though it was physically possible,

The illusion of an happy ending, was all that it remained,

An illusion,

This made so many like her live life in its utmost delusion,

When you give your heart away once,

The owner of the sparkle in your eyes then belongs to someone else,

And when they leave, they take that sparkle with them,

That is why you only need to look into the eyes of an individual,

And you will be able to see just how much they have loved and more importantly just how much They have lost in life,

For that's why we all walk without seeing,

Sometimes the truth you see in someone's eyes,

Is more than you could have ever expected,

So frighteningly honest and bare,

And one day, when you're looking at your reflection,

You may not even know whose eyes you're looking into.

(c)Red Velvet

Published by Forward Press

No comments:

Post a Comment