8.19.2009

Shadows

Each time I close my eyes I feel the weight of my worries drop to the
base of my heart,

The pain that was so clearly evident in my glazed eyes falls to the wall within me,

The wall that surrounds me,

I'm unsure of my own actions,

Unsure of my own feelings,

Feelings that betray the words I so easily speak,

Each time I close my eyes,

I feel the weight of my worries reach my soul,

The very soul which tries each day to find the strength to live
another day,

To face yet another twenty four hours of agony as to how someone can still breathe when the air was taken from them so long ago,

Glazed eyes,

Strained smiles,

Broken laughs,

Everything seems to be tainted with the aura of darkness surrounding
ones steps,

Where once who's shadow use to be seen behind them,

Now seems to walk step in step with them.

(c)Red Velvet 2009


This poem was published by forward press sometimes last year

If you enjoyed it, subscribe and pass on and comment please!

No comments:

Post a Comment